Are You Preparing to Close a Business in California? Attorney Lynnette Ariathurai Can Help
Are you preparing to shut down a corporation, limited liability company (LLC), or business partnership? It is normal to have a lot of questions. Closing a business is complicated. Lynnette Ariathurai is a business law attorney with the skills and experience to help you wind down operations. If you have questions about your rights or responsibilities, we are here as a legal resource. To arrange a completely confidential initial consultation with a California attorney for closing a business, please contact our Fremont law office today.
We Provide Comprehensive Support for Businesses Closing their LLC or Corporation
Approximately 50 percent of all businesses close within their first five years. A corporation, LLC, or partnership may opt to wind down operations for a wide range of reasons. Our California business lawyer offers comprehensive legal support to businesses and business owners that are ending their company. Here are four key steps to closing a business in California:
- Develop a plan: Closing your business starts with developing a plan. It is crucial that all parties are on the same page.
- Follow the proper protocols: There may be procedures in place to follow when winding down your business. For example, you may need to vote to close the corporation or LLC.
- Notify implicated parties: In California, businesses that are dissolving have a general duty to notify implicated parties, potentially including creditors, vendors, and suppliers.
- File final tax return: You must file your final tax return when you close a business in California.
- File appropriate dissolution paperwork: Finally, a person closing a business may be required to file the appropriate paperwork with governments who provided licenses and/or permits.
Closing a business is not a one-size-fits-all process. Every company in California faces its own unique set of challenges and circumstances. Our California business lawyer provides comprehensive legal support to clients who are winding down a corporation, professional corporation (PC), LLC, or partnership.
How Attorney Lynnette Ariathurai Can Help You Wind Down a Business in California
Winding down a business is complicated. Whether you are closing a corporation, LLC, or partnership, it is imperative that you ensure that all the loose ends are tied up. You do not have to navigate the process alone. We are prepared to protect your rights and interests. Among other things, our California business closure attorney is ready to:
- Conduct a comprehensive review of your case and answer your questions
- Draft all the legal documents, records, and paperwork
- Advise the business how to prepare for all possible risks
- Take action to wind down the business in an orderly manner
Get Help from Our California Business Closure Lawyer Today
Lynnette Ariathurai is a top commercial law attorney with the skills and experience to help clients close LLCs, corporations, and other types of businesses. Contact us today for a confidential initial consultation. We handle business closures throughout the region, including in Fremont, San Leandro, San Jose, Santa Clara, Newark, Hayward, East Bay, Milpitas, and Union City.